Welcome To First Baptist Christian School
Thank you for your interest in First Baptist Christian School. FBCS is a state approved school for 1st - 12th grade. Since our doors opened for our first school year in 1989, God has blessed us with amazing growth. What began with just three teachers is now a growing school that offers students a quality education, sports and other activities all in a Christian setting. First Baptist also offers its parents and students a small school environment that means our teachers and staff are able to offer a personalized educational experience. First Baptist is a non discriminatory school and open to all students regardless of race, color and ethnic or national origin.
FBCS is a state approved school and therefore we follow the Louisiana state standards for curriculum in grades 1-12. Our graduating seniors qualify for the TOPS Scholarship Program and FBCS participates in the State Transcript System for 9-12 grades. FBCS follows the St. Tammany Parish school calendar for start and end dates and for emergency school closings. Some days may vary.
FBCS Mission Statement:
The mission of First Baptist Christian School is to provide a coeducational, Christian education that is committed to educational excellence for students from first grade through twelfth grade.
Believing each student can reach his/her full potential with hard work, discipline, and encouragement, the school seeks to develop the total child, with an emphasis on each child's personal relationship with Jesus Christ, high character standards, and exceptional moral values which will enable its students to fulfill God's plan for service in this world.
First Baptist Christian School strongly adheres to the belief that its purpose is to direct the educational experiences of its students while developing their personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The school's desire is to move its students into active discipleship in a Christian congregation and to equip them to be effective witnesses in the community. We believe it is our responsibility to nurture the growth of students in the areas of academics, personal relationships, physical growth, and spiritual understanding.
FBCS Statement of Faith:
1. There is one God eternally existent in the persons of:
- God the Father, who so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son for our redemption (John 3:16)
- God the son, born of a virgin (Matthew 1:18-25), sinless in life(2 Corin. 5:21), whose death, burial and resurrection is the good news for humankind's redemption (1 Corin. 12:1-4), who is coming again (1 Thess. 4:13-18) and
- God the Holy Spirit, whose present ministry in the life of the believer gives us the grace to live our redemption (John 16:7-11, 13).
3. Humanity is lost and in need of salvation by grace (Eph. 2:8-10), only through faith in the Lord Jesus
Christ (John 14:6).
4. All believers have spiritual unity in Christ (John 17:21).
5. God Wonderfully creates each person as male or female. these 2 distinct, complimentary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Gen. 1:26-27).
6. The term "marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Gen. 2:18-25).
7. Any form of sexual immorality (including homosexual behavior and bisexual conduct) is sinful and offensive to God (Matthew 15:18-20).
8. God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21).
9. Every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12:28-31)
Core values provide a compass to guide First Baptist Christian School students to the future. We can rely on these values to help us fulfill our destiny as an outstanding institution.
These core values comprise the philosophical and behavioral foundations for all that happens at the school.
FBCS CORE VALUES are as follows:
Honor - Jesus Christ Above ALL and IN ALL
Responsibility - accountability, commitment, perseverance
Respect - authority, community, others, self
Integrity - courage, fairness, honesty, trustworthiness
Excellence - academics, athletics, personal conduct, arts
At this time FBCS does not participate in the LA School Tuition Organizations ACE Scholarships or Arete Scholars programs.
What Does Our School Have to Offer?
Biblical Worldview curriculum
PTF (Parent Teacher Fellowship
Access to grades, assignment details and attendance, lunch menu, daily calendar of events through Headmaster Online
Before and Aftercare (billed at the end of every month)
In The Classroom:
Access to teachers via email
I Pads (high school issued for 2014-15)
I Pads for 7th & 8th gr for 2015-16
Daily iPad time for 1st - 6th grade
My Big Campus
Accelerated Math & Acc. Reading Classes
Recess for grades 1-6
Social Studies Fair
Clubs and Organizations:
Passion 4 Purity
Kids Club (1st grade only)
Cloverbuds ( 4-H for 2nd-3rd)
Art Club (National Arts Honor Member)
Title 1 services for qualifying students
FBCS is a member of LHSAA (holding State Titles and Records)and offers the following sports programs.
Cross Country 1st - 12th
Middle School Volleyball
Pep Squad 1st-6th
Swim Team: 1st-12th
Varsity Swim 9th-12th, Upper Middle Swim, 7th & 8th Lower Middle Swim 4th-6th grade, Elem.1-4th
Middle School Boys & Girls Basketball
Jr. Varsity Basketball
Varsity Boys Basketball
Varsity Girls Basketball
Track and Field
Indoor & Outdoor Track & Field 1st - 12th grade
Sadie Hawkins Events
Misc Jr High & High School Dances
Family Fun Day
A/R Class points parties/ Field Trips
Honor Roll Celebrations
A variety of sports related activities and much more..